You can click here to watch.
Four Lies That Ruined the World
Dr. Adrian Rogers
- Satan’s whole system is built on a lie. (John 8:44)
- “Satan’s goal is murder. His method is a lie.” A. Rogers
- "You have to look beyond the surface to see the lies of the devil.” A. Rogers
- “The best lies are the ones that sound the most like the truth.” A. Rogers
- The thought is the father of the deed. (Proverbs 23:7)
- Satan’s Four Big Lies
- God is not good. (Genesis 3:1)
- Satan tries to get us to believe that God is withholding good from us.
- God is not truthful. (Genesis 3:4)
- The devil wants us to think skeptically about God.
- “Anyone who cases skepticism regarding the authority, accuracy, acceptability, impeccability, infallibility, and authenticity of the Word of God is doing the work of the devil.” A. Rogers
- What we have substituted for the Word of God.
- Relativism- no fixed truth.
- Subjectivism- feelings and experiences.
- Rationalism- logic.
- Pragmatism- does it work?
- Postmodernism- truth is subjective and individualistic.
- The devil does not want us to have a fixed standard of truth.
- God is not righteous. (Genesis 3:4)
- The devil wants us to believe that there is no God of judgment.
- The devil knows that people fear death. That is why so many people believe in reincarnation.
- God is not gracious. (Genesis 3:4-5)
- Satan tells us that we can be our own god and have our own way.
- Revelation 22:4
- 1 Corinthians 2:9
- Satan tells us that we can never be fulfilled until we do our own thing.
- “Those who know the least about sin are those who are deepest in it.” A. Rogers
- How do we overcome the lies of the devil?
- Revelation 12:9-11
- By Calvary’s conquest.
- By the word of our testimony—courageous confession.
- Bring the Word of God against the lies of the devil.
- By complete commitment. (Revelation 12:11)