"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Don’t Pass Up the Opportunity


As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men…
Galatians 6:10

I was reading in a devotional book this morning when I came across the above verse. While there are many things in the Bible that I believe many people overthink, I believe that Galatians 6:10 is a verse that many people don’t put enough thought into. I may be guilty of overthinking this verse, but I want you to know that I do not believe that this verse is simply talking about kindness. I believe that this verse is talking about something much greater. And I believe that, if you will get a bulldog grip on the truth of this verse, it will change your life and it will change this nation.

James 4:17 says, “Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.” That is what I believe Galatians 6:10 is referring to. Whenever you have the opportunity to share your faith, whenever you have the opportunity to help someone in any way, it is only because God has given you that opportunity. Therefore you should take that opportunity and use it for the glory of God. If you don’t, you are sinning against Almighty God.

If you have an opportunity to do good, know that God is the One who has given that opportunity to you. You should also be aware that, if God has given you an opportunity, He expects you to use it. If everyone would do the good that they know they ought to do, this nation would not be in the moral crisis that it is in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!