"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Friday, March 16, 2012

A Custodian’s Mindset


But in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known unto God.
Philippians 4:6

Below is a song that I very much enjoy listening to because it reminds me of so many people that I know. Some of those people, I have no doubt pray for me by name every day. I once met one very special lady that touched my life in a way that it had never been touched before. I have never met another person like her since that day, either. As we were talking, if something was said that she felt the Lord needed to hear about, she would pause and take that situation to God in prayer. At first, I thought what I was witnessing to be very strange. I had never met anyone like that before. However, I later realized that what that lady was doing was and is very biblical.

I also like to hear Gordon Mote sing this particular song because it reminds me of what God wants for me. Philippians 4:6 tells me that God wants me to take every situation, every circumstance, every problem, every triumph, every victory to Him in prayer. James 4:2 tells me that I have not because I ask not. Matthew 7:7 says, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” God doesn’t need us to pray so that He can know how to meet our needs; God wants us to pray as a way of inviting Him to change our lives for all eternity. God wants me to be fully dependent on Him, and prayer is how He does that.

There is a saying that goes something like this: “Work as if everything depends on you. Pray as if everything depends on God.” My friends, everything does depend on God. And when we fail to go to Him in prayer, we show Him that we have failed to realize that everything really does depend upon Him. I realize that we must put legs to our prayers. However, if we would each set aside time every day to tell Him all about it, I am convinced we would see a great revival in this nation.

If you do not know Jesus as Lord of your life today I pray that you would come to do so before it is eternally too late for you. No matter what anyone has told you in the past, in order to be saved, you need not say a thing. “The sinner’s prayer” will not get you to Heaven or put you in a right relationship with Him. If you truly want to be saved, you only need to do one thing—trust Jesus. And as a result of His saving grace, you will willingly repent of all sin as a way of saying thank you to the One who gave His life for you. No one who has come to Jesus in true repentance and faith has He ever turned away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!