"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Peacefulness of the Night


For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Romans 1:20


I am often amazed at how people can deny the existence of God yet they enjoy the beauty of His creation. As I write this, I am sitting on the balcony of a rented condo at one of my favorite places on planet earth—Myrtle Beach, SC. It is currently around midnight and I am out here alone, enjoying the peacefulness of the night. As far as I can tell, there is no one on the beach, the lights are off in most of the surrounding condos, and most of the campers in the travel park next-door have ventured into their RVs and campers for the night. There is no noise. There is only the calm, peaceful sound of the ocean.

I cannot see anything on the beach. Most everything is black. Some might wonder why I am even out here. However, the cooling breeze, the sound of the ocean, the stars in the sky; all these things remind me that this world did not happen by chance. God made them all, and sometimes we just need to escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life to realize that. How freeing it is to know that there is a God and I am not Him!

If you do not know Jesus as Lord of your life, I beg you to come to know Him before it is eternally too late for you. If you will repent of your sins and trust Jesus alone to save you, He will save you today and keep you saved forever

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!