"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Greatest Miracle of All


A couple months ago, I found a YouTube video of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans on a religious television program many years ago. Before Roy joined her on stage, Dale said something like this: “We talk about miracles. And Jesus did many wonderful miracles. But the Holy Spirit coming into your life and borning you again, that is the greatest miracle of all.”

You see, it is good that Jesus made the blind to see, the deaf to hear, and the lame to walk again, but those are just physical things. Those things are worthless once a person departs from this world. The Bible says in Matthew 18:9, “And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.” That is why the greatest miracle of all is indeed salvation.

I am astounded when I think about who I am compared to who God is. The fact that a just and holy God would come to earth in the form of a little baby to live a perfect life and then die on an old, rugged cross for my sins is nothing short of miraculous. I know my heart. I know the things that I have done. I know that I come far from deserving His infinite love. Yet the cross was nothing but love. The greatest love of all was displayed on that cross.

I love the verse from Bill and Gloria Gaither’s song “I Am Loved” that says, “I said if You knew You wouldn’t want me, My scars are hidden by the face I wear, He said My child My scars go deeper, It was love for you that put them there.” He knows, yet He loves. There is no greater miracle than that.

If you have not personally felt the love of Christ, you can. Right now, turn completely from all sin and acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord of your life. If you do that, He will save you today and keep you saved forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!