"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jessy Dixon: March 12, 1938 - September 26, 2011

Yesterday, at the age of seventy-three, the famous Gospel singer Jessy Dixon passed away in his Chicago home. I know very little about Jessy’s personal life. However, that is quite alright. He had a presence on stage that simply could not be faked. When he sang, it was obvious that he loved the Lord and wanted others to know Him too.

Jessy brought an energy and liveliness to the gathering that no one else could. He and Lillie Knauls are the two that stand out in my mind as being the "screamers" of the Homecoming crowd. If you have ever heard Jessy Dixon sing, you know that there is no doubt that he believed the words that he sang.

I hate that I never got the chance to meet this man who has greatly influenced my life with his music. I also highly doubt that I am the only one who feels that way. Even so, I know I will get to meet him one day in Heaven where I am sure I will find him singing God’s praises louder and with more energy than he ever did here on this earth.

I thank God that Jessy Dixon allowed Him to use him to impact countless lives for Jesus Christ through music. He will no doubt be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!