"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Monday, December 26, 2011

How Did You Celebrate?

I had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating the birth of the King of kings and Lord of lords with my family. I hope you did, too. But the best part of the day was when I was able to slip away from it all and meditate on what Christmas really means. You see, Christmas is not about family, friends, or the exchanging of gifts; Christmas is the celebration of the beginning of the miracle that Christ came to perform in you. And I am so glad He came all those many years ago!

I have many wonderful Christmas memories of my own, but there is one Christmas memory that I heard shared a few years ago that just really stuck with me. It was the story of Mandisa’s favorite Christmas memory. She said that there was one Christmas when she was unable to go home to be with her family, so she spent the day in her apartment by herself. She said that she spent the day reading the Christmas story and just praising Jesus. How wonderful! I think we all need that time alone to reflect on just who He is to us.

If you have not already, find a quiet place a just spend some time praising Him and thanking Him for the miracle that is your life. And if you do not yet know Him as Lord, I pray that you will come to do so before the day comes to an end. I can promise you upon the authority of the Word of God that, if you will repent of your sin and trust Jesus alone to save you, He will save you today and keep you saved forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!