"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Monday, September 23, 2013

Just a Call Away

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:13

A couple years ago, I wrote a blog post entitled “Call Out and Be Saved.” In that post, I explained how Romans 10:13 applies to far more than just our eternal salvation. Well, today, I want to reiterate that because I feel that so many of us are struggling and dealing with unnecessary pain and confusion because we have not yet fully grasped what it means to call upon the name of the Lord that we might be saved.

One of my absolute favorite hymns says, “Oh, what peace we often forfeit. Oh, what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer!” God has caused me to realize that I have not taken hold of the promise of Roman 10:13. I’ve tried to fight life’s battles on my own so many times, but I’ve never been able to win on my own. However, He has proven time and again that, when I call on His name, He will come to my rescue; He will see me through.

Maybe you’re here today and you’re fighting your own struggle. I don’t know what that is, but God does. Maybe you’ve never acknowledged Him as Lord of your life. If that’s so, I urge you today to give complete control over to Him. Repent of all sin and trust Jesus alone to save you. If you do that, He will save you today and keep you saved forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!