"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Friday, April 15, 2011

Doing Something in Jesus’ Name Doesn’t Make You His

Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Matthew 7:22-23

No doubt there are many here today that grew up in Christian homes and at some point professed to be Christians themselves; however, they no longer believe. I also have no doubt that there are some here today that still claim to believe, but one day you will die and split Hell wide open. Friend, if you fit into one of those two categories, this post is for you. Just because you do something in Jesus’ name does not mean that you are His.

I grew up in a Christian home, went to church every Sunday, and even believed in the reality of Jesus; but I was far from a Christian. You see, I had yet to repent and trust in Jesus alone to save me. It wasn’t until I was almost twelve years old that I realized that I indeed was a sinner in need of a Savior and that I needed to repent of my sin and trust in Him

Maybe you are here today and you still need to transfer your trust. Or maybe there is some sin in your life that you failed to leave behind. You see, coming to Jesus means laying it all down and following after Him. Have you done that? If not, you need to do that today. Please, do not wait until it is eternally too late for you to realize that you need Him.

If you have yet to come to Jesus for mercy and forgiveness, you can do that today. All you have to do to be saved is to repent completely of all sin and trust Jesus Christ alone to save you. If you do that, I promise He will save you today and keep you saved forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!