"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Trusting Now, Trusted Then

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.
Believest thou this?
John 11:26

Have you ever had anyone tell you that, if you can’t give them a time and date for when you got saved, you aren’t really saved? I have. But let me tell you, my friend, that statement couldn’t be further from the truth because there is no biblical evidence to back it up. If you don’t believe me, let me prove it.

First, we must have a deep understanding of what it means to believe in Christ. When Jesus said that “whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die [have eternal life],” He was talking about more than a simple intellectual belief. Matthew 6:24 says, “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” That, my friend, is what it means to truly believe in Christ, to trust Him so much that you leave everything you have behind to follow Him, even to the point of death.

So I ask you, are you trusting Jesus and Him alone to take you to Heaven when you die? Have you acknowledged Him as Lord of your life? Have you given Him complete control of everything you have and do? If so, you don’t have to worry if you can’t give someone a time and date for when you were saved. If you are trusting Jesus now, that is all that matters.

Maybe you’re reading this today and you have never placed your trust in Jesus at any time. If that is you, I am here to tell you that today is the day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2). If you will turn from all sin and trust Jesus alone to save you, He will save you today and keep you saved forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!