"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Thursday, January 30, 2014

You’re Not Alone

Confess your faults one to another,
and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
James 5:16

Saturday night, as I was walking to my car with a coworker, I mentioned in passing that I like to listen to podcasts from Love Worth Finding Ministries. Little did I know that it would lead to a somewhat lengthy discussion about our faith and how we live our lives because of it. I knew that this guy was a Christian, but I had no idea that our belief systems were so similar. I’ve met other people who share my same convictions about many things, but they all live so far away. Yet here was a guy who not only works in the same store as I do but he also works in the same department as I do. It was very encouraging to say the least.

The next night, as I was walking out with the same coworker (this time, also with his girlfriend), he asked me if I would mind praying with them. Of course, I said I would. After he prayed, he told us some things that God had put on his heart during the day. My mind doesn’t work like some people’s do. I’ve always been better at kind of sitting back and letting everything soak in first. So it wasn’t until I got in my car and had begun the trip home that I began to realize, “Wow! I struggle with the same things.” And then God began to reveal to me specific situations and circumstances were I had failed Him.

It was that night that I realized that not only are there others out there who share our same convictions, but there are others who share our same struggles. We are not alone on this journey, my friends. We are all in this thing together as the body of Christ. God has put us on this earth together to encourage one another and to pray for one another as we strive to live for Him. So when you feel like you’re all alone, take comfort in the fact that there is someone somewhere who shares your same convictions and struggles, and they’re most likely closer than you think. You’re not alone.

If you’re reading this today and you’ve never acknowledged Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life, I’m here to tell you that you’re not alone in that, either. I was once where you’re standing right now. I had to make a decision—was I going to choose Christ and to walk in His way, or was I going to choose the way of the world? I can honestly tell you that I made the right decision. I’ve never once been sorry that I chose Him. He took a life that was broken and wrecked by sin, and He made it whole. Oh, how He wants to do the same for you! Will turn from all sin today and trust Jesus alone to save you? If you will do that, He will save you today and keep you saved forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!