"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Can't Overtake or Overcome (8/28/2010)

"What fear can overtake my vision? What doubt can overcome my faith? ...What lie can sever what is certain? ...Lord, Your wounds have paid my ransom." -from "My Ransom" by Cindy Morgan

I have heard Cindy Morgan's song, "My Ransom," many times before, but God really spoke to me through it like never before on Friday. As many of y'all know, I am a college student. I go to a secular college, and many times it is difficult for me to share my faith or even make my faith known the way that I know I should. However, through listening to this song, I realized that God is on my side; therefore, I need not be afraid.

With God's help, no fear will ever be strong enough to keep me from sharing my faith. Even if I was the only person on earth that believed that God is real, no one could convince me otherwise. I want absolutely nothing to do with religion. However, I am a strong believer in reality, and reality says the God is real, I sinned against Him, and Jesus saved my sorry soul. No one can stop that from being true!

Maybe you are like me today and you have been letting this world bring you down. If that is true of you, let me challenge you to cling to your faith in the Lord. If you always trust in Him, He will see you through. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Always remember it and never doubt it. He is right by your side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!