"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Don't Judge Others by Your Bad Character (10/28/2010)

Today I experienced another wonderful example of mischaracterization due to one's own bad character. The mischaracterized person in this story is the same teacher I have talked about before. This particular teacher is known to most of her students as "the rudest teacher on Earth." Students say that she is by far the worst teacher there. However, I have found that those statements couldn't be further from the truth.

We happen to have a test next Thursday, so I e-mailed this particular teacher last night to ask if I could stop by her office after class today to go over some of the material for the test. While in her office, she was very careful to explain every problem clearly and thoroughly. She even offered to stay late next Wednesday to help me after my last class.

It was made clear to me today that this teacher is only trying to do her job well. She understands that she is there to teach the material and teach it well. And because of that, she is not afraid call students out on their mistakes, especially when the students refuse to acknowledge their mistakes themselves.

This is a clear example of the self-righteousness that is unfortunately seen far too often in this world. Everyone thinks that they can do no wrong. And when someone finally stands up and calls sin sin, they are ridiculed.

I honestly believe that God has put this teacher in my life for a reason. I believe that He wants to teach me to never give up and never give in. We need more people in this world like my teacher. She may appear rude to a rude person; however, she actually just realizes that the rudest thing to do would actually be to not point out her student's mistakes. For, in pointing out their mistakes, she can help her students to get onto the path that they need to be on in order to succeed. So, in reality, the rudest teacher on Earth is actually the nicest teacher on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!