"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Friday, March 11, 2011

The Interruptions of Life (8/6/2010)

I stumbled upon the following video a month ago or so, and just wanted to share it with you. I realize that there is a lot more to the video than you need to know in order to make my point clear. However, watch it anyway, paying most attention to Gloria's story about the UPS driver towards the end.



I don't really remember exactly what I was doing--I may have been listening to something by the Goodmans--but I do remember seeing something the other day and thinking, The interruptions of life are really what make life interesting. Then this video immediately came to mind.

I know that I can go back and point out many times where unplanned situations changed my life, and I wouldn't change those things for anything in the world. We might not think of them as "interruptions," but that's really what they are. The fact that I am writing about Bill and Gloria Gaither is an interruption. The fact that I even found this video was an interruption.

The interruptions of your life, whether big or small, are what make your life unique, interesting, and complete. The interruptions are most certainly never planned, never sought out for--they just happen. I've often said that the fact that any of us are saved was an interruption.

God doesn't work around our schedules, our plans, our interests. God works according to His sovereign will and purpose. The moral of the story here is not to live a care-free or careless lifestyle where anything goes. No, you should plan and be organized. The moral here is simply to see the interruptions God throws your way and embrace them--don't ever let your plans get in the way of His.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!