"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Duggars Made My Day (8/23/2010)

Every week, I receive a newsletter via e-mail from Living Waters. The ministry recently put out a video of their Are You a Good Person tract (see the side bar of this blog). In today's newsletter, Ray announced that he was encouraged to see that the Duggar family from "19 Kids and Counting" had posted the video on the homepage of their website (DuggarFamily.com).

God never ceases to amaze me. The Duggars are "celebrities." They have a popular reality show on TLC. I would have never imagined that anyone on TLC would be as on fire for God as this family. Neither would I have imagined that a normal biblical Christian family would be as popular as they are. But somehow God, in a way that only He can, has caused the world's love for this family to enable this family to share the love of God.

This family is the real deal. If the Duggars did not have the blessing of God upon them, I am convinced that their show would have already been taken off the air. I have seen God use their family to convict those set in their wicked ways. And I have seen God bless many lives and draw people closer to Him.

If you have not seen "19 Kids and Counting," I encourage you to join me in watching it tomorrow night on TLC at 9:00. Also, please join me in praying that God would continue to use the Duggars to bring many people all around the world to salvation in Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!