"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Friday, March 11, 2011

How God Uses People (8/17/2010)

If you had to name one or two people that God has truly used to bring you closer to Him, who would you name? To tell you the truth I couldn't just name two people. In fact, I was just thinking about that early today, and the circumstances God used to bring those people into my life.

Two people that really stand out in my mind are Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. Growing Pains was slightly before my time; therefore, I didn't really know who Kirk Cameron was. I remember watching Fireproof and then wondering who Kirk really was--what he believed, etc. I knew that he was a Hollywood actor, so I honestly didn't see how he could truly be what the Bible calls a normal biblical Christian. Man, was I wrong. I looked Kirk up on the internet and found out that he was part of a Christian television show called The Way of the Master. That's how I found out about Ray Comfort.

Ray Comfort is like no other person I have ever met before. He is truly on fire for the Lord, and has a tremendous passion for the lost. I have read two of his books--The Way of the Master and Out of the Comfort Zone. I can't even imagine doing all the things that he does everyday to see the lost saved and to teach other Christians how to effectively bring others to Christ.

Then there's Dr. Adrian Rogers. I was given a CD of one of his messages, and liked it so much that I googled Love Worth Finding. Since then, I have had the privilege of listening to his messages online and reading his e-mail devotionals.

I could go on and on about all the different people God has brought into my life. However, that might take all day. The point is that God works through people. It could be that God is using you in someones life right now, and you just don't know it. So let me challenge you to take some time out of your day today to think about all the people that God has used to touch your life and thank God for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!