"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Would You? (1/12/2011)



The meaning of this song is awesome. Yet I feel that many of us cannot sing along and still be telling the truth. I think the hardest part of agreeing to do it all over again is agreeing to go through heartache and heartbreak all over again. You see, I doubt that anyone would mind experiencing the good times again, but none of us really want to experience the bad times again, do we? So why did Vestal Goodman not only sing this song but mean every word of it? She meant it because she understood what life was all about.

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." If you know the Lord, I have no doubt that He has taught you a great deal from all of the mistakes of your past. I know He's done so in my life. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've lied awake at night thinking about some foolish thing I have done. However, in some ways I'm glad I made those mistakes because, if I hadn't made them, I wouldn't know all that know today. And is the hard times in life that have helped bring me closer to the Lord.

So I do agree with Vestal--I wouldn't change one thing about my past. Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!