"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

More Than Enough (2/22/2011)

"My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise." -Psalm 57:7

I was reminded of the above verse while listening to one of Adrian Rogers's messages yesterday afternoon. It reminds me of an analogy I've heard Dr. Rogers use several times before. It concerns keeping God's commandments. John 14:15 says, "If you love Me, keep My commandments." I used to think that I couldn't say that I loved God when I stumbled and fell. That is simply not so.

The following is part of Dr. Rogers's analogy: "Early sailors did not have global positioning satellites and radio signals to guide them, yet they sailed over the trackless seas by keeping their eyes on the heavens. They called this 'keeping the stars.'" This is exactly what Jesus meant when He said, "Keep my commandments."

This is the best way I know of to really tell if someone has truly been born again: do they love God's Word; are they allowing His truth to guide every step of their life? This takes us to the below video. When we choose to get off track and to look to something other than God Himself, what we are essentially saying is, "God, You are not enough for me."



Let me challenge you this week to wake up everyday and say, "God, You are enough for me." When you go to bed, say, "God, You are enough." And every moment in between remind yourself that He is indeed more than enough for you. Then, at the end of this week, come back and comment on this post to let me know how God impacted your life this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!