"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Friday, March 18, 2011

My Response to JD on His Comment on "Are You Willing to Throw Away Your Soul?" (10/13/2010)

I was originally going to post my comment to JD as a comment under his. However, it told me that my comment was too long, so I am having to place it in an actual blog post.

JD,

I cannot express to you how thankful I am to see your comment tonight. I'm not exactly grateful for the words that you had to say--to be honest, it grieves my soul to read those words. However, the fact that you commented at all reveals to me that you have stuck with me all this time. For that, I am eternally grateful. At times, I believe you are my only reader. But, even if that is true, it gives me great joy to know that at least one person is hearing what I have to say; therefore, I have no doubt that this blog has a purpose and that my posts are not in vain.

I understand where you are coming from. However, I must say that you are wrong. I am not afraid to proclaim the truth. In fact, I would be a fool to withhold the Gospel truth from anyone. God, have mercy on me if I ever do!

Unfortunately, you are not the only one that holds to the theory that man has no soul--that we have no ultimate purpose in this life. I unfortunately understand the reasoning behind this all too well. If man is no different from the animals, then he can do no wrong. And if man can do no wrong, then he has no need for a Savior.

It's nice to imagine that everyone can be right all at the same time. However, you and I both know that is an impossibility. God either exists or doesn't exist. Heaven and Hell are either real or not real. The Bible is either true or false. None of these things can be both true and false, real and fake all at the same time. Only a fool would say that I am going to Heaven when I die because I believe it is real; but you, JD, will simply cease to exist when you die because that's what you believe happens after death.

That would be like if you and I were both thrown into a pit of fire. I believed that the fire existed, and trembled. However, you weren't afraid because you said that it just looked like fire but would really turn into water when we were thrown in. Does that mean that I would be burned alive, but you would live? Of course not! We would both go to an incinerating grave.

I don't know if you read my other blog, "Good News for Atheists." But, if you do, you have most likely read where I urge my readers to "take off the blindfold of sin." Whether you admit it or not, your sin is the only thing that is standing in between you and God. Unless you step back for a second and ask yourself if there is anything in your life worth going to Hell for, then there is no hope for you.

I told myself I wasn't going to mention this, but I feel that it makes a good point here. I happened to notice from your profile picture that you apparently smoke. What you're smoking in that picture, I do not know. Quite frankly, it is totally and completely irrelevant. I can't help but wonder if you partake of alcoholic beverages as well. My point here is this: would you be willing to give those two things up for God? If not, are those to things worth going to Hell for to you?

Let me get somewhat off topic to make one thing a little clearer. If you have to think about whether or not you're willing to give up something for God, you're most likely not willing. And if you respond by saying, "If I knew God was real..." that screams that you are not willing.

Faith is taking God at His word. I had one person tell me that he was going to wait until he understood the entire Bible before he got saved. Well, number one, that's not true faith. And, number two, he'll never get saved if he waits for that. Faith is trusting in what you cannot see.

Currently, in my devotions, I am in the book of Exodus. More specifically, I am reading about the ten plagues. I find it interesting that, the first two plagues God sent to Pharaoh, the magicians were able to mimic; therefore, Pharaoh did not believe. However, when God sent the third plague, the magicians could not mimic that plague; however, by this time Pharaoh had already hardened his heart against God.

Time after time after time, God has allowed me to share the truth with you. You could die tonight, JD! Don't be blissfully ignorant. If you die without Jesus, you know that you are going to split Hell wide open. Don't strut into Hell! Don't strut into Hell! Don't strut into Hell! There is no reason you cannot give your life to Him today. Stop feeding yourself these lies about God not being real and you not having a soul. Psalm 53:1 says, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God." Don't tell me that doesn't apply to you because you don't believe the Bible--I know you are not that dumb.

I plead with you, do not live another day without Him! You don't have to go Hell. All you have to do is turn from your sin and trust in Jesus. Don't let the pleasures of this world keep you from knowing the greatest joy of all. The Christian life is not easy, but it is so worth it.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Tommy
Psalm 145:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!