"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Living in Fear? (8/19/2010)

I was once told by an atheist that I need to stop living in fear and have some fun. Number one, I do not live the way I live out of fear that if I do anything wrong God will strike me dead and send me straight to Hell. Number two, I want no part of the "fun" that particular atheist was talking about because that "fun" is entirely sinful and has no place in my life, nor should it in his.

When a person comes to Christ, he comes because he realizes the reality of the sin in his life and that he must stand before a God of wrath on Judgment Day. He also realizes that, without placing his trust in Jesus Christ, there is nothing he can do to save himself from Hell. He then lives his life for the Lord not to make it to Heaven, but out of gratitude for saving him from the burning flames of Hell.

I also had another atheist tell me that he was a Christian for many years only out of fear that he would be condemned to Hell if he wasn't. I need not tell you that this man was never a true biblical Christian. A true biblical Christian does not live a certain way out of fear, but out of gratitude. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do to make it to Heaven other than to live a perfect life. There was only one Man that did that, and that was Jesus.

Contrary to what many people may think, I love my life and enjoy it tremendously. I realize that my lifestyle may seem very boring to some--I spent my vacation reading. However, that's their business. I get great joy out of learning from God and His Word. I want to know Him and everything about Him that I possibly can. I was put here for I purpose, and I want to fulfill that purpose. That purpose, by the way, is to bring Him glory.

I am going to steal a quote from Adrian Rogers and say, "I sin all I want to. In fact, I sin more than I want to because I don't want to." Listen, you don't have to sin to have fun. God has not given you rules to put a wet blanket on all of your fun, but to protect you and keep you from evil.

I realize that this post has more than likely fallen on deaf ears. You can't understand what I'm talking about until you have experienced it for yourself. You, atheist, are just like the rest of us. You have broken God's holy law, and you need to turn from your sins and trust Jesus to save you. If you do that, God will forgive you and make you free. He will give you a new heart and new desires. Please come to Jesus before it's eternally too late for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!