"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another Awesome Book (6/5/2010)


I recently started reading Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World by Dr. David Jeremiah. I used to listen to Dr. Jeremiah regularly on the radio. However, it really hasn't worked for me to be able to do that anymore. Maybe one day I'll be able to do that again.

I have to admit to you that I hesitantly picked up this book and began reading last Friday night. I say hesitantly because the introduction talks finances. I didn't want to read a book about finances. I wanted to read a book that would tell me how to live as God intends for me to live in days like these. However, what I read in the first chapter greatly surprised me.

The first chapter is entitled Stay Calm. I was surprised, that in that chapter, Dr. Jeremiah talked about the returning of Christ and that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. Needless to say, I couldn't put it down after that.

Because of everything going on in my life, I'm just in the fourth chapter. I hope to be completely finished with the book by Monday night. However, I may or may not meet that goal. But I felt that it was very important for me to go ahead and recommend this book to you.

God is really using it in a great and mighty way in my life, and I really think that you should give Him the opportunity to do the same for you as well. This is definitely a book that every Christian should read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!