"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Books (6/1/2010)

Books are awesome! However, I haven't always felt that way. I can remember a time (and if you know me, you can too) when you couldn't pay me enough to just sit down and read. I recently discovered, however, that that was all because I was reading the wrong things.

Last summer, I read Mandisa's autobiography, IdolEyes. About half way through, I realized, "Hey, I can actually learn from this!" I was able to realize that my hatred of books came from a lack of purpose. When I say that, I mean that the books I was reading had absolutely no purpose at all. But when I finally got a book that was based on the Word of God, I couldn't put it down.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning anyone who enjoys fiction or any other genre of literature, I'm just saying that there is nothing in the world like sitting down and filling your mind with wisdom and knowledge of the Word of God.

When was the last time you read a Christian-based book other than the Bible? Resolve to read at least one Christian book this month. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Some Christian authors I suggest are: Ray Comfort, John MacArthur, Dr. David Jeremiah, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!