"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Creepy Cover...Awesome Book (5/21/2010)

I just finished (well, almost completely) reading The Truth War by John MacArthur. You've heard people say, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Well, they were talking about this book when they said that.

All of y'all that know me know that I absolutely hate snakes. Needless to say, I purposely bought a hard cover book just so I could remove the cover. Normally, I wouldn't have even dreamed of buying a book that looked like that. However, one day, I stumbled upon a YouTube video in which John MacArthur was describing the book and why he wrote it.

I was, at the time, taking a sociology class at Tri-County Tech. I realized that most of the things he was discussing were being taught in my class; therefore, I really wanted to read the book to see what God's Word had to say about those things.

As I read the book, my eyes were opened to all of the false information being taught by many "Christian" leaders today. The book also discussions the main reasons people reject the truth of Scripture, how to contend earnestly for the faith, etc.

The first half of the book is rather boring, but it is definitely worth reading. I hope to reread it again in the near future, and recommend everyone read it at least once in their lifetime.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!