"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

You Can Be Sure: My Version (7/22/2010)

Yesterday, I posted a message from Dr. Adrian Rogers entitled You Can Be Sure. Now, I want to tell you a few more things that you can be sure of as an atheist.

But before I do, allow me to remind you of some things:

#1) I am not a "Hell-fire preacher." In fact, I'm not even a preacher at all; I'm just an ordinary person who cares about your eternal salvation.
#2) I am not judging you. What I am about to say comes straight from the Word of God; therefore, God has already declared it so--I'm just telling you what God has declared.

Now for the things that every atheist can be sure of:

#1) Every atheist can be sure that he is 100% free to choose his actions.

When God created, He created a perfect creation. And He gave that perfect creation perfect freedom. In order to understand why God gave His creation perfect freedom, we must first realize why He created--He wanted to be loved.

In order to be able to love someone, you must also be able to hate that person. In order to be able to obey, you must also be able to disobey. Otherwise, your love is not love, and your obedience is not obedience--you're nothing more than a robot.

Heartfelt love is simply this: choosing to please someone else rather than yourself. For example, think about a young child. Let's call the child Susie. One Saturday morning, Susie wakes up and starts getting ready for a sleep over at a friend's house--she's been looking forward to it all week. After she's all packed and ready to go, Susie comes downstairs to where her mother is and says, "Mama, I'm ready to go." Her mother then looks up at her and says, "I'm sorry, Honey, but Mama has the flu. I'll have to call your friend's mother to come pick you up." So the friends mother comes to pick up Susie. But about an hour later Susie's mother hears the back door open. The next thing she knows, little Susie is standing in front of her. "I've come back to take care of you, Mama," says Susie.

Put yourself in that mother's shoes--image that story has just happened to you. How would you feel. I'm sure many of you would give your right arm to hear your child say that to you. That's exactly the way it is with God. If He didn't give us the choice to serve ourselves, He would get no joy when we served Him.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!