"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Are You Satisfied With Your Relationship With God? (6/23/2010)

This part of this two-part post is for those that know the Lord. And if you do know Him, are you closer to Him now than you were the day He saved you? Most importantly, are you closer to Him now than you were yesterday?

Unfortunately, I think many people would have asked that last question the other way around. Most people think , that as long as you're closer to Him now than when you first became a Christian, you're fine. However, I have a hard time believing that. You see, I was saved when I was eleven years old. Needless to say, that was quite a few years ago. So I hope everyone would expect me to know more about Him today than I did back then.

However, we are to be growing everyday. We should read God's Word daily. But not only should we read it, but we should dig deep into His Word. We should be eager to find something that we never knew about before. Every time I open up His Word, I say, "Lord, teach me something that I never knew before."

And not only should we dig deep into God's Word, but we should also be prayer warriors. Last night I found a video on the internet about Eva Mae LeFevre. The lady that was talking about her said, that every time she was around Eva Mae, Eva Mae would just randomly start praying whenever God put something on her heart. That particular lady also said, that every time she would take Eva Mae somewhere, Eva Mae would say, "Okay, you drive, and I'll pray." My earnest pray is that I could be more like that. However, my guess is that Eva Mae LeFevre wasn't always like that. Are you constantly growing in your prayer life?

Lastly, we are to get involved. I remember a time in my life when I just went to church, and thought that was enough. However, I was extremely wrong. One of the things that God has taught me over the years is that the best way to continually grow in our relationships with Him is to get involved in various ministries other than our home churches. My pastor is great, but I am no longer satisfied to just hear what he has to say on Sundays. God has brought some awesome ministries into my life, and is using them in a great and mighty. And by involved, I simply mean learning from them on a regular/daily basis--find some good Christian authors, evangelists, etc. If you find a radio ministry that you enjoy, but can't always catch them when their on, try looking them up online and listening there. Or you may even be able to find some free podcasts (if you have an iPod), and listen on your way to work or wherever. Just do something.

God did not put us here to do nothing. Contrary to popular belief, we are not here just get glory, make money, and die. In fact, we're not here for any of those things. We're hear for Him! We're here to honor, praise, and adore. We're here to serve. Over the years, I have found, that the more I find out about Him, the more I want to know. If you're not where you want to be in your relationship with Him, just start growing (read God's Word, pray, get involved) today and never ever stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!