"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just Ask (6/20/2010)

Matthew 7:7- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

I know I am not the best writer in the world. I am not an author. The only reason I have this blog is because it allows me to share what I am most passionate about with the world. However, my hearts desire is that you would be able to look past my potential grammatical errors and my tendency to ramble, and truly hear the point of this post--to show you how you can defeat doubt, and be convince of God's existence.

I have heard many people say that there is just no possible way to know for sure that God exists. And when we Christians tell you that creation is absolute proof of God's existence, you say we're wrong. And I have to say that I see your point. You are as convinced that God doesn't exist as much as I am convinced that He does exist. So me simply telling you that He does won't mean a whole lot to you. However, I've found another option.

The Bible tells me that creation is proof enough that God is real. However, there is also the above verse that tells me you must "ask, seek, and knock" in order to realize that God exists. The Bible says, "ask, and it shall be given you." I can tell you without a doubt in my mind, that if you ask God to reveal Himself to you, He will.

If you say that you are open to the possibility of God's existence, but think that there's no way to know for sure that He exists; humble yourself, and with a repentant heart (a willingness to turn from all sin) ask God to reveal Himself to you.

I'm not going to tell you what to say. If you are truly seeking the truth (whether or not God is real), you won't need a prepared prayer. All you need is a humble and repentant heart.

Since I once had a person tell me that they couldn't ask God anything because He isn't real, allow me to give you this example:

Your five year-old has wandered away from home, and has been seen by no one. What do you do? You comb the neighborhood yelling his name. You don't know if he is there, yet you're pleading for him to answer you if he is there.

That's exactly what I'm asking you to do with God. You don't know if He's there, but you need to plead with Him to answer you if He is there.

What are you waiting for? There's nothing more important than your eternal salvation, so ask God to reveal Himself to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!