"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nothing Left (6/18/2010)

No doubt, when many of you read my posts on books, music, and television, you thought, "Well...if I stop doing these things, there will be nothing left to do." Well, if that's you, I know exactly how you feel. You see, I once felt the exact same way.

I didn't want to give up watching television. TV was my life. However, God taught me that certain things (such as blasphemy, profanity, etc.) are not good for us, and can actually stunt our spiritual growth. So, I stepped out on faith, and now watch very little television. I also have made a commitment to only listen to Christian/Gospel music, and only read Christian-based books. And do I miss those things the least bit? Absolutely not! In fact, there's probably more stuff in my life that I need to throw out.

My point is this: if you trust and obey God, He will reward that and give you new desires (His desires). If you make it top priority to live you life in a way that is pleasing to God in every way, you will actually be happier than you were before because you will now be living your life exactly as God intended--for Him.

So let me challenge you today to do two things:
  1. Decide to remove everything from your life that isn't honoring and glorifying to God. (Hint: If you wouldn't do it yourself, don't watch it, read it, or listen to it. Examples of that are: blasphemy, profanity, or any other type of immoral conduct.)
  2. Ask God to replace that stuff with things that are honoring and glorifying to Him, and that are going to help you grow in your relationship with Him. Find some awesome ministries and Christian radio stations, and get "involved" in those. (Check out my sidebar to see some ministries I recommend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!