"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

People Do Listen (7/26/2010)

“Dear Ray, I am an atheist. I have read much of your blog, from its innocent beginnings, to the turning point of the atheists flooding the comment pages… and as I read the hateful things the atheists say to/about you and God, I want to assure you that we are not all so closed-minded and hateful. I appreciate everything you are trying to do for us. I admire your unwavering faith, your tolerance and humor, and I know you will never give up on the atheists! Thank you for opening my mind.” ~R.

Above, is an e-mail that was sent to Ray Comfort by one of the readers of his blog, Atheist Central. I enjoy hearing stories like this one because it shows Ray's overwhelming love for the Lord and the lost--particularly atheists. It also saddens me to read stories like this one because I know that I am not like that.

I think the moral here is that we all (Christians) need to ask God to show us how to love the unlovable; to show us how to be salt and light in a lost and dying world. Sometimes it's hard for me to share my faith or to reach out to others, but stories like this remind me that there are people out there that actually want to hear what I have say--I just have to tell them.

So don't be discouraged. You may think that your words always fall on deaf ears, but the above e-mail proves you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!