"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

When God Stops Being Good (6/25/2010)

God is good______. I could never be completely certain, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the people reading that first sentence automatically filled in the blank with all the time. However, unfortunately, not every Christian lives that way all the time.

Undoubtedly, there will be someone who will read the title of this particular post and have no objection whatsoever. That is so sad! Of course, I did use that title with the intention of getting people's attention.

I remember some time ago when I made this comment: "I am so thankful for everything God has done in my life!" I guess someone thought that was a bit inappropriate--considering I was currently going through a somewhat difficult situation in my life--because they asked me why I was so glad that situation had happened to me. I guess they thought I should be depressed and go hide under a rock like most people. However, when someone becomes a Christian, they have to realize they are no longer "most people."

I don't remember exactly how I responded to that comment. However, if I were to answer that today, I would say it was because God has taught me so much from that particular situation that I couldn't possibly tell it all.

I know that someone reading this today is going through a difficult situation, and feels as if their whole world is falling apart. However, God has promised you in His Word that He will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). He has also promised that He will work all things out for good to those who love Him (Romans 8:28).

God has taught me to embrace the hard times. I have learned to be thankful for every situation God allows to come into my life because God has indeed used all of them for good, and I would not be the person I am today without those situations. My earnest prayer is that you will allow Him to teach you the same thing.

I remember watching an interview with Vestal Goodman in which she said that she wouldn't change a thing about her her life. She also said that she wouldn't even change the hard times because God had taught her so much from them. Is that you today?

Is there anything you would change about your life? If so, get on your face before the Lord today, and give that situation to Him. And ask God to use that situation to draw you nearer to Him.

Aren't you thankful God never stops being good?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!