"The key to understanding the Bible is to look for Jesus in the Bible. Jesus is the hero of the Bible. If you read the Bible and don't find Jesus, re-read it! The Bible has one hero, His name is Jesus; one villain, that is Satan; one problem, that is sin; one solution, that is salvation. That is what the Bible is all about." -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why Do You Live the Way You Do?: Part Two (5/28/2010)

Part Two: Giving It All

Matthew 16:24-25- Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it."

You probably read those verses and said, "What on earth does that have to do with why I live the way I do." Well, just keep reading and you'll find out.

My goal in posting this (both parts one and two) is to show you that there are only two possible reasons for the way you live your life. You are either lost and living for worldly pleasures, or you are saved by the grace of God and living your life for Him.

I originally decided to write this because I was thinking about some of the things I do and why I do them. I realized that many people go about their lives without ever stopping to realize why they do things they do. I know that I don't always get my ideas across the way I want to, but I pray that this two-part post will cause you to think about how you live your life and how important it is to realize why you do what you do.

Over the years I have realized that God put us here for His honor and His glory, not our own. That is the very first step in realizing why you live the way you do. Once you've done that, you can then go down the list of your daily activities and ask yourself if those things are honoring and glorifying to the Lord. If not, throw them out. We, as Christians, must realize that it is total foolishness to think that God shouldn't be included in every tiny detail in our lives. In everything we do we should find a way to honor Him.

He is worthy of all praise! I want everything I do-music, television, books, etc.-to help me to grow in my relationship with Him. If that particular thing does not do that, I have learned to get rid of it. As a result of that I watch very little television, listen to only Christian/Gospel music, read only Christian-based books, etc. Now I'm not saying that everyone should folow in my footsteps. However, I am saying that you need to examine your life, and ask God how and if you need to change.

Now, what was the point of placing Matthew 16:24-25 at the top? Well, I wanted you to realize that giving your life to Jesus means just that...giving your life. So if you are a Christian, don't be afraid to let Him use that life. Then, that will become your reason for living the way you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is intended to help you. I want to be able to post all comments and questions you might have, so I ask that you follow a few rules in order for me to do that. Any questions/comments that don't follow these guidelines will be thrown out:

1. Absolutely no profane, blasphemous, or immoral comments.

2. Comments containing links will not be approved.

3. Please keep your comments relevant to the post on which you are commenting. All irrelevant comments will be rejected. Remember, your comments should be helpful to other readers as well.

Thank you so much for reading!